Sunday, September 8, 2019

Tour de France: Travel Day



I probably shouldn't have got it in my head that I had to blog every night because tonight is the night that the lack of sleep is getting me.   I keep dozing while trying to put the thoughts together.
But I suppose that is typical of travel day.  We overnighted from Toronto and managed to get 4ish hours of sleep in our little pods.  Then we had a couple hours to waste before catching the 3ish hours train to the south of France.



We dozed a little and chatted some more and were very happy to finally arrive at our destination of Aix-en-Provence.  We had a really hard time narrowing down where we wanted to go because all areas looked amazing...we were going back and forth to just staying in Paris, to doing the north, to doing the German side or the Swiss side or the French Riviera....so basically everywhere.  We finally decided on the smaller university city because we wanted to get a more small town vibe and BAM, it is exactly what we expected: cute cozy streets lined with shops and restaurants.


We found our airbnb (a first for me) and were instantly in love with the frenchness of it.  I can't wait to explore more.


We were extremely exhausted but needed food and Abbie's FrenchFriend, Phil, was in town to visit us.  We ate, we chatted, we giggled excessively and we walked the cute streets.  Naturally, we all ordered the same things (Croque Madames) and drank the same beers (1664)







I hope to be more wordy tomorrow to fully capture the moments but DAMN, I'm tired. We're all heading to bed right now so we can be fully recharged for our wine tour day tomorrow.
Bonne nuit.

you can read my thoughts on turning 40 here

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment